Monday, May 9, 2011

Kale Chips


There are so many recipes out there that I want to try (eventually . . . ), but this one has been floating around the blogosphere for a while and I've been so curious about it. So today I decided to try making kale chips. And oh my goodness, am I glad I did! These were delicious! They were crispy, salty, peppery, and yummy. I liked the chips more than Hubby, but I think this had something to do with him being tired of all things non-meat. According to the mommy blogs out there, children enjoy these chips as well. Score one for the mommies! Plus, the health benefits of kale are phenomenal, so why not try it and see how the little ones like it?

As a side note, these are best right out of the oven. Don't reheat them or they get chewy and make sure you spread the chips out in a single row on the baking sheet so they can get crispy.

Kale Chips
*From many blogs!

1 bunch kale
Olive oil
Salt
Pepper (or just use salt if you don't want that peppery kick)

Preheat oven to 350ยบ. Hold the thick stem of the kale in one hand and, with the other hand, pinch the stem and run your hand up to remove the leaves. Place leaves in a single layer on a parchment lined baking sheet.

Pat the kale dry with a paper towel, if necessary. Drizzle on a little bit of olive oil.

Add salt.

Then pepper, if desired.

Toss with clean hands.

Bake for 12-16 minutes, or until the kale is crispy. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment