Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Lamb Chops with Balsamic Reduction




While we were in France, we had a lot of lamb. Nick has always been a fan, but I'd never tried lamb before. I didn't know what I was missing! Lamb is delicious and melts in your mouth, if it's cooked right. I really wanted to try it once we got home, and when I found this recipe, I knew it was a good step into the world of lamb. I'm so glad I chose it because it was delicious! This one will go into my permanent recipe file. I really want to try a rack of lamb, but I'm still a little intimidated. Maybe I will just go buy a rack and then I'll have to use it. I love lamb!

Lamb Chops with Balsamic Reduction


3/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
Salt and pepper to taste
4 lamb chops (3/4 inch thick)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 cup minced shallots
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
3/4 cup chicken broth
1 tablespoon butter
In a small bowl, mix together rosemary, thyme, basil, salt, and pepper. Rub this mixture into the lamb chops on both sides. Place them on a plate, cover and set aside for 15 minutes so the lamb can absorb the flavors.
Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place lamb chops in the skillet and cook for 3 1/2 minutes, uncovered, per side for medium rare or cook longer to desired doneness.
Remove lamb chops from skillet and place on a foil lined baking sheet in the oven to keep warm.
Meanwhile, add the shallots to the skillet and cook for a few minutes, until just browned.
Stir in vinegar, scraping up any bits of lamb from the bottom of the skillet, then add in the chicken broth. Continue to cook and and stir over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes until the sauce has reduced by half.
Remove from heat and stir in butter. Pour over the lamb chops and serve. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment