Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Snickerdoodle Cookie Dip

Hubby is a huge fan of snickerdoodles, as I mentioned in the pumpkin snickerdoodle post. When I started making out the menu for our SuperBowl party, I asked him if he'd like me to try making this dip. His answer: an emphatic YES! We tasted it before we added the cinnamon and it really did taste just like cookie dough (think chocolate chip cookie dough without the chocolate chips). However, I think 2 tablespoons of cinnamon was too much, so next time I'll start with 1 tablespoon and work my way up if necessary. I had a gut feeling about the amount of cinnamon, but I'm still working on actually listening to my gut when cooking! Is tummy grumbling the same as a gut feeling?

Snickerdoodle Cookie Dip
*From How Sweet It Is (my new FAVORITE blog!)

1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 8-ounce block cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons cinnamon (again, next time I'll start with 1 tablespoon of cinnamon and work my way up because 2 was too much)

Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. 
Add brown sugar and whisk until sugar dissolves and mixture starts to bubble. Set aside to cool and whisk in vanilla extract.
Cream together cream cheese and powdered sugar for 60 seconds. 
With mixer on low speed, add in brown sugar and butter mixture. Mix until combined. 
Add in your cinnamon.
Mix until combined.

Serve with fruit, Nilla wafers, or even pretzels. Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Oh boy, hand me a spoon and I'm there. I bet anything would taste good if it was dipped into this. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog called "Sweets for a Saturday" and I'd like to invite you to stop by this weekend and link your fantastic dip up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/02/sweets-for-saturday-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm all linked up! Thanks for the invite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for linking these up to Sweets for a Saturday. I hope you'll enjoy looking at all the other sweet treats. Don't forget to come back again on Monday for a chance to enter my very special giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! I have tried chocolate chip cookie dough dip, I will have to try this :)

    ReplyDelete