Friday, July 23, 2010

3-Ingredient Fruit Gratin


This one caught my eye because it was so easy. And the creator gave it rave reviews. Overall, I liked the flavors, but I wanted something more. And it was horrible as leftovers. Not a good sign in our house. I like having this one on file for dessert in a pinch, but it won't be a regular on my recipe rotation.

3-Ingredient Fruit Gratin
*From Smitten Kitchen

2 cups berries (I used strawberries)
2 cups sour cream or créme fraîche
1 cup dark brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract (or lemon juice, almond extract, etc.), optional

Preheat broiler. Fold berries into sour cream and add vanilla. Pour in shallow 1-quart casserole dish.

Sprinkle brown sugar on top.

Place under the broiler until sugar just begins to caramelize. Eat right away.

No comments:

Post a Comment