Saturday, July 17, 2010

Spinach and Strawberry Salad


After two days of chili (I'm freezing the rest of it, thank goodness!) I was so ready for a light dinner tonight. When my mom and I were at our family reunion in Nebraska, one of the dishes served was this salad. It was light and sweet and crunchy and delicious, so I decided to replicate it for tonight's meal. It doesn't require any cooking, but the results are yummy!

Spinach and Strawberry Salad
*Courtesy of a member of the Roloff family!

Baby spinach
Strawberries
Walnuts, chopped
Poppy seed dressing (I used fat free)

Remove the stems from your spinach. Chop up your walnuts and slice the strawberries. Arrange the spinach on a plate with the strawberries and walnuts and liberally add dressing. Toss to combine or just swirl it around on your plate and enjoy a healthy, yummy meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment