Sunday, September 19, 2010

Baked Chicken Almond


I will eat just about anything with almonds in it. Seriously. And when I buy rocky road ice cream and the evil people have put walnuts in it, I just about have a fit. That's just wrong. But I digress. This chicken, while covered in almonds, just didn't do it for me. It tasted fine, it just didn't quite taste the way I expected it to. Maybe I was thinking about the almond chicken at the Chinese restaurant in Pullman (although this recipe is about as far from Chinese as you can get), which was a weekly staple for me while I was at WSU. Maybe it was just that the almonds didn't add as much flavor as I wanted, but whatever it was, this dish was just okay for me. Hubby liked it a lot more, but he's less critical than I am! Overall, it was solid but not great.

Baked Chicken Almond
*Adapted from the 6 Ingredients or Less cookbook

4 chicken breasts
1 can cream of celery soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
3/4 cup chicken broth (or white wine-I used broth)
1/2 cup sliced or slivered almonds

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Combine soups, cheese, and broth until blended.

Arrange chicken in large baking dish. Season with salt and pepper.

Pour soup mixture over chicken. Make sure the chicken is coated on all sides with the soup mixture.

Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour. Remove foil and sprinkle the almonds on top of the chicken.

Bake 30 minutes longer. Serve over rice or mashed potatoes. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment