Monday, September 6, 2010

Chicken Italiano with Asparagus Cream Sauce


I love to cook and I love the feeling of inspiration that I get when I see a recipe I want to make. It's fun to get excited and then successfully create a recipe out of a bunch of ingredients. However, part of being a stay-at-home wife (at least in my rule book) is cooking a hot meal for my husband every day that he works. Having a daily epiphany about dinner just doesn't happen, so I will often give Nick a list of recipes and he has to choose which one he wants. This works out well for us. So the other night I gave him a list from a slow cooker cookbook and he chose this one. I didn't have a can of cream of chicken, so I used cream of asparagus and it turned out to be amazing! We served the chicken over fettuccine noodles with lots of cream sauce. Yum! Another keeper!

Chicken Italiano with Asparagus Cream Sauce
*Adapted from Fix-It and Forget-It Cookbook

4 chicken breasts
1 envelope dry Italian salad dressing mix
1/4 cup water
8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
1 can cream of asparagus soup
1 pound fettuccine noodles

Place chicken in a slow cooker. Combine salad dressing mix and water. Pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low 3 hours.

Combine cheese and soup until blended.

Pour over chicken and cover again. Cook on low 1 hour or until chicken juices run clear. Serve over fettuccine noodles and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment