Monday, September 6, 2010

Company Chicken and Rice


This is another one from my Mom. She makes this and it makes you feel better when you eat it. I guarantee it! The best part about this one is that it can be impressive (depending on how you serve it) and it takes no time to put together. Nick had to work overtime and I had nothing set out for dinner. I thawed 3 chicken breasts and it took me 10 minutes from that point to get this together and put it in the oven. Two hours later, it was done. So, let's recap: it's easy, it's delicious, and it's comforting. Verdict: this one's a keeper! Thanks Mom!

Company Chicken and Rice
*From Mom!

6 chicken breasts, thawed (I only used 3 for the two of us)
3 cups uncooked instant rice
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
2 cans cream of chicken soup
2 cans cream of celery soup
1/2 stick melted butter
Paprika
1 1/2-3 soup cans of water (I used about 2 1/2)

*I did not cut the rice and soups in half because that is my favorite part, but if you're making this for 2 people, cutting the rice in half would be a good idea if you don't want a lot of leftovers.

Place rice in the bottom of an extra large baking dish or roasting pan, which should be at least 2 inches deep.

Combine soups in a large mixing bowl and stir in 1 1/2 to 3 soup cans of water. Blend and pour over the rice.

In order to help the chicken cook a little quicker, you can pound it out with a mallet a little bit, but that's optional.

Place chicken breasts on top of the rice mixture. Brush with melted butter.

Sprinkle paprika on top of the chicken.

Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 1 hour 30 minutes to 2 hours or until liquid is absorbed, the rice is tender, and chicken is browned. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment