Sunday, June 27, 2010

Garlic Feta Spread


Well, it's happened. All the time I've been spending in the kitchen has rubbed off on my husband. He's been loving the results of my new obsession with cooking and has decided to try the cooking thing himself. This from the man who once asked me what boiling water looked like. The other day I gave him a cookbook and told him to choose a recipe and make it. I had faith. He picked this spread, and although no real cooking was involved, he did use (and not break!) my food processor. He was so proud and the spread was really good! Great job Nick!

Garlic Feta Spread
*From The Taste of Home Cookbook

4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
1/3 cup fat-free mayonnaise
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
1/8 teaspoon dill weed
1/8 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
Veggies, crackers, and bread for dipping

In a food processor, combine the first seven ingredients; cover and process until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl and stir in feta cheese. Serve with veggies, crackers, and bread. We made zucchini fries to go with it, which was delicious. Double the recipe and take it to a party. I bet it will be a big hit!

No comments:

Post a Comment