Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Layered Taco Dip


Nick and I went to a friend's barbeque over the weekend and his girlfriend served a 7-layer dip that was SO good! I think Nick ate half of it by himself and we weren't even there that long. I've been thinking about making my own version of the 7-layer dip since I got to sample it over the weekend. My main issue is that most 7-layer dips include olives and tomatoes, neither of which have my vote for deliciousness, so I re-worked it to fit my taste. And it DID get my vote for deliciousness. In fact, I'm thinking about it right now . . .

Layered Taco Dip

3 cans of jalapeño bean dip
3 large or 4 small avocados
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1 cup sour cream
1 packet taco seasoning
2 green onions, thinly sliced
1 package Mexican cheese blend
Fresh chopped cilantro

1st layer: Spread out 3 cans of jalapeño bean dip on a plate or in a casserole dish.

2nd layer: Mash avocados with lemon juice, salt and pepper and spread the mixture over the bean dip.

3rd layer: Mix mayonnaise, sour cream, and taco seasoning together and spread over the avocado mixture.

4th layer: Sprinkle chopped green onions on top of the sour cream mixture.

5th layer: Spread cheese on top of the green onions.

6th layer: Sprinkle fresh chopped cilantro all over the top of the casserole.

Refrigerate for 30 minutes and serve with chips. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment