Monday, December 27, 2010

Aunt Elaine's Meatballs

I am so lucky to have married into such a great family. My husband's relatives are all so wonderful and funny and sweet. I've felt welcomed since day one, which is a nice change from the drama I have in my extended family. Hubby's family understands that family is family and you love one another regardless of their shortcomings or eccentricities (not that Hubby's family has any of those-they are perfect in every way! Hi in-laws!). I particularly love getting together with them over the holidays. They do a girls only gift exchange between the 11 of us in the area, the conversation is always fun and lively, and the food is great. This recipe is Hubby's Aunt Elaine's meatballs. These were delicious and she was so great to give me the recipe, which I made for our smaller family get-together. Thanks Elaine!

Aunt Elaine's Meatballs
*From Aunt Elaine!

1 package Aidell's Chicken Teriyaki Meatballs (from Costco)
1 jar chili sauce
1 can jellied cranberry sauce
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon chili powder
A couple shakes of horseradish, to taste
Pinch of salt

Add meatballs to the CrockPot and turn it on high. In a medium bowl, add chili sauce, cranberry sauce, brown sugar, chili powder, and horseradish.
Stir well to combine.
Add sauce to the meatballs.
Stir to coat.
Cover and cook on high until the meatballs are heated through. Serve and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment