Monday, December 13, 2010

Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies

I love oatmeal cookies, but too many people put in those horrid little blackish things-the evil raisin. NO! Just say NO to raisins! I'm sorry, I get really worked up on this topic . . . If you like raisins, dump some in. I wouldn't, but you go ahead. Instead, I add pumpkin to my oatmeal cookies. Yep, it's pretty amazing, as is a little bit of pumpkin in just about every recipe. This cookie is a new favorite of mine. They stay moist and chewy and they aren't too sweet, which is perfect for me. I think I might just go make another batch right now . . .

Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies

2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup rolled oats (next time I might make it 1 1/2 or 2 cups for more oatiness)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon salt
16 tablespoons (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup pumpkin purée
Preheat oven to 350º. Line a baking pan with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat (I LOVE my Silpat-great idea for a Christmas gift!). In a medium bowl, mix flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
In the bowl of a stand mixture fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter and both sugars until fluffy, about one minute.
Add the egg, beating until incorporated, then mix in the vanilla and pumpkin.
With the mixture on the lowest speed, add the flour mixture.
Mix until just incorporated.
Drop heaping teaspoons of dough onto the prepared baking pans.
Bake 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges. Let the cookies cool slightly on the pans before transferring to a cooling rack. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment