Thursday, May 27, 2010

Baked Lemon Pasta


I have a secret. I don't really love red pasta sauce. It's okay and all, but I'd prefer a tomato cream, alfredo, or other creamy sauce. Yeah, I know it's way less healthy, but I like the creaminess! So when I found this recipe from the Pioneer Woman (that lady never fails to create the best recipes!), I knew that I had to try it. It was creamy and bright from the lemon and delicious. Add easy and fragrant and you've got quite a crowd pleaser! I was too busy making this sesame chicken to go with the pasta and so didn't get to take too many pictures, but trust me, it is GOOD! And if you want to see a whole slew of how-to photos, check the Pioneer Woman link!

Baked Lemon Pasta
*From The Pioneer Woman

1 pound thin spaghetti
4 tablespoons salted butter
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 whole lemon, juiced and zested
2 cups sour cream
1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
Grated parmesan cheese
Chopped flat-leaf parsley
Extra lemon juice

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cook spaghetti to al dente. Meanwhile, in a skillet melt butter and olive oil over low heat. When it's melted, add the garlic then squeeze in the lemon juice. Turn off the heat and add in the sour cream. Stir the mixture together then add the lemon zest and salt. Taste and add more salt if necessary (a little less than a 1/2 teaspoon was plenty for me).

Pour the mixture over the spaghetti and stir together. Pour it into an oven-safe dish and cover with foil. Bake covered for 15 minutes. Remove the foil and cook it for an additional 7-10 minutes. When you remove the dish from the oven, squeeze more lemon juice over the top.

Then sprinkle with parmesan cheese and parsley and squeeze more lemon juice as needed.

Mmmm! Sesame chicken and baked lemon pasta. Is there a better meal? I don't think so!

No comments:

Post a Comment