Thursday, May 27, 2010

Cheddar and Herb Biscuits


I will admit it. I have an addiction. Seriously. The Cheddar Bay biscuits from Red Lobster-so delicious! Once when my college roomies and I went to Red Lobster, we stuffed our purses and bags with the Cheddar Bay biscuits and ended up bringing home something like 25 of those little pieces of heaven. It was like the best dream ever! Haha, okay, so I'm exaggerating a little on that last one, but these are seriously SO GOOD! When I found this recipe from Mel's Kitchen Cafe, I was so excited to try it out. And like many of her recipes I've tried, I was not disappointed. I will be making these all the time, I'm sure!

Cheddar and Herb Biscuits

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (I used more like a 1/2 teaspoon-mmmm garlic!)
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons shortening
3 tablespoons butter, cold
1 cup buttermilk
1 & 1/4 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, garlic, and salt. Cut in shortening and butter until coarse crumbs are formed. Lightly mix in grated cheese. Mix in buttermilk until just moist (dry spots here and there are okay-biscuits will be tough if overmixed). Drop biscuits onto greased or lined baking sheet. Bake 12-14 minutes until browned and golden.

While biscuits are baking, in a small bowl, combine 3 tablespoons melted butter, 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes, 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder, and a pinch of salt. Brush mixture on biscuits evenly as soon as they come out of the oven (or dip in mixture). Serve immediately.

Cheesy and garlicky deliciousness!

No comments:

Post a Comment