Monday, May 31, 2010

Crispy Yogurt Chicken


Okay, let me start out with this fact: Nick liked this dish. I wasn't the biggest fan. With all the flavors we infused in the yogurt, I expected more of this chicken. It just didn't deliver. However, the idea of dipping the chicken in seasoned yogurt instead of milk or buttermilk was great. The panko adhered very well to the sticky yogurt and the whole dish tasted a little like sourdough bread, which is good in my book. But I didn't get the garlic or the lemon that was in the yogurt, so on the whole, I was disappointed. I think I expect the most amazing dished from the Pioneer Woman, so my expectations were maybe (insanely) high. Not every dish can be a winner though. But, the good part: I will use this yogurt idea in the future. So score one there!

Crispy Yogurt Chicken
*From The Pioneer Woman

2 cups plan, unflavored yogurt
2-3 cloves of garlic, finely minced
Parsley to taste
Kosher salt to taste
1 whole lemon, juiced
Chicken tenderloins or breasts or legs, etc. (I used 10 tenders)
2 cups panko breadcrumbs
Butter-1 pat for each piece of chicken

Pour yogurt into a mixing bowl. Add minced garlic. Chop up some parsley and add to the mixture. Squeeze in some fresh lemon juice and stir to combine.

Rinse the chicken and pat dry. Sprinkle with salt. In another bowl, place breadcrumbs and season with salt. Butter a baking dish. With a pair of tongs, place the chicken one piece at a time in the yogurt mixture. Turn to coat thoroughly.

Then roll completely in bread crumbs and place in the baking dish.

Pace a slice of butter on each piece of chicken.

Cover with foil and bake in a 350 degree oven for 50 minutes. Remove the foil for the last 15 minutes of cooking time. Breadcrumbs should be nice and brown when done.

No comments:

Post a Comment