Thursday, May 27, 2010

Raspberry Oatmeal Bars


I'm terrified of baking. Cookies, bars, cakes, pies-all fall into the "too scared to cook" category. But I'm embracing my role as a cooking wife, so at 3am in the morning, there I was with my food processor making raspberry oatmeal bars. And I'm glad I did! These were very good and really fulfilled my sweet craving without being too sweet.

Raspberry Oatmeal Bars
From Pink Bites

1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2 cups rolled oats (not the quick cooking kind)
1 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 sticks cold butter
1 1/2 cups raspberry jam (I used 1 3/4 cups-I like jam!)

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Butter a 9 inch baking pan.

In a food processor, blend flour, oats, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Cut butter into pieces, add to food processor, and pulse a few times until large crumbs form. Divide the dough in half (I just eyeballed it).

Press half the dough into the pan, covering the bottom and a little bit up the sides (about an inch). Spread the jam evenly over the dough and then cover that with the rest of the oatmeal dough by just sprinkling it over the top. Do not press!

Bake for 55 minutes and let it cool completely before cutting. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment