Thursday, May 27, 2010

Roasted Red Pepper and Artichoke Dip


I decided to buy a mini crockpot off Amazon the other day after purchasing a slow cooker cookbook. My mom has a small one and it burns everything, so I was really hesitant about this one, but it had low and high settings, so I figured it would probably work better than Mom's. I was right. Nick claims this is his new favorite dish. I told him a dip can't be his favorite meal. The mess all over his face begged to differ, however.

One quick note: this isn't a throw-it-in-the-pot kind of recipe. There are a few steps beforehand; read the directions before beginning, so you aren't surprised.

Roasted Red Pepper and Artichoke Dip
From the Fix-It and Forget-It Cookbook
*Use a 1 & 1/2 quart crockpot

1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup mayonnaise
8-oz. package cream cheese, softened
1 garlic clove, minced
14-oz. can artichoke hearts, drained and finely chopped
1/3 cup roasted red bell peppers, finely chopped

Combine Parmesan cheese, mayonnaise, cream cheese, and garlic in food processor. Process until smooth. Place mixture in slow cooker.

Add chopped artichoke hearts and red bell pepper. Stir well. Cover and cook on low for 1 hour. Stir again. Cook on high for an additional 1/2 hour or until hot. Serve with chips, veggies, and/or pita bread.

*I might add a couple of drops of tabasco for a little kick the next time I make this. However, I will have to make sure that Nick is nowhere around because he might throw himself over the crockpot to stop me. He swears it's perfect as is.

No comments:

Post a Comment