Thursday, May 27, 2010

Roquefort Chicken


My Papa and family were supposed to come over for dinner tonight, since Papa has not seen the new house yet. However, he called my mom this morning to tell her that he didn't feel well and we needed to reschedule. No big deal, right? Well, I want Papa to feel better, of course, but I'm wondering what the heck I'm going to do with the 7 chicken breasts I thawed for dinner. I was going through one of Mom's cookbooks when I came upon a recipe for Roquefort Chicken. I cannot begin to tell you how good this was. If you like the flavor of blue cheese and garlic, this is one to try. It has a great depth of flavor and it looks elegant enough to serve to company.

Roquefort Chicken

3 chicken breasts
Salt and pepper
2 tbsp butter or margarine
2 ounces Roquefort or blue cheese
1/2 garlic clove, minced
1/2 cup sour cream

Salt and pepper chicken. Heat butter in a large skillet. Lightly brown chicken, about 2-3 minutes each side; remove. In same skillet, add cheese, garlic, and sour cream. Heat, but do not boil. Place chicken in greased baking dish, pour sauce over top. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until tender. Serve over rice.

It's simple and delicious! Now, because it was just Nick and me eating this, I am giving you the recipe cut in half. Next time I would make the whole amount or more of the sauce because it was amazing with the rice. I'm going to dream about the flavors in this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment